At a Glance
Nova Southeastern University is the largest private independent university in Florida and the ninth largest in the US. Shepard Broad Law Center is one of 16 graduate and professional schools at NSU and there are more than 100 distinct graduate programs you can combine with your study of law. For 50 years NSU has distinguished itself by promoting academic and career success for tens of thousands of graduates. With its roots as a graduate university, 80% of NSU students are enrolled in graduate and professional school programs.
Shepard Broad Law Center is located on NSU's main campus in suburban Fort Lauderdale in close proximity to the federal and state courts, agencies, corporations, and legal communities of Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and West Palm Beach in the heart of fast-growing South Florida.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Shepard Broad Law Center as the most diverse law school in Florida and tied for third in diversity of all U.S. law school. This 2014 diversity index measures the likelihood that a student will have significant interaction in law school with others who are culturally different.
- Hispanic Business ranks Shepard Broad Law Center among the top 5 law school for Hispanics in its 2014 Annual Diversity Report. Additionally, the Law Center placed 3rd among the top 10 schools identified in the percentage of "Hispanic graduate enrollment" and "J.D. degrees earned by Hispanics."
- Shepard Broad Law Center is featured in the 2015 edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 169 Law Schools." "We recommend Shepard Broad Law Center as one of the best institutions a student could attend to earn a law degree," according to Robert Franek, Princeton Review Senior VP-Publisher.
- 35 Shepard Broad Law Center alumni are included in the 21st Edition of Best Lawyers in America, published by Best Lawyers®, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal field.
- Shepard Broad Law Center's International Program offer dual-degree and semester abroad programs to Barcelona, Spain, Prague, Czech Republic, and Rome, Italy. Dual-degree programs lead to U.S. and European law degrees and, for Spain and Italy, eligibility for that country's bar exam. Summer abroad programs Buenos Aires, Argentina, Tianjin, China, Granada, Spain, and The Hague, Netherlands and Lausanne, Switzerland are also offered.
- U.S. News & World Report says Shepard Broad Law Center has one of the best legal writing workshops in the country.
- J.D./M.S. in Computer and Information Science
- J.D./MS. or Ph.D. in Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- J.D./M.U.R.P. in Urban and Regional Planning
- Online M.S. Graduate Programs:
Clinical and Field Placement Programs
Clinical education is an important part of the Shepard Broad Law Center experience. Students are placed on-site locally, nationally, and globally, and given the opportunity and the tools needed to solve legal problems through hands-on experience.In-House Clinics
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Children and Families Law
- Veterans Law
- Business practice
- Consumer Protection
- Criminal Justice
- International Business and Human Rights
- Judicial Internship
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate, Environmental, and Land Use
Part-time evening students are given preference for available spaces in the Alternative Dispute Resolution Clinic. Students in the Children and Families Clinic, the Criminal Justice Externship, or the Environmental and Land Use Externship must be authorized as Certified Legal Interns by the Florida Board of Bar Examiners.