Wounds of War: Meeting the Needs of Active-Duty Military & Veterans with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Friday, February 1, 2013
Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center is pleased to invite you to attend a complimentary symposium on Wounds of War: Meeting the Needs of Active-Duty Military Personnel and Veterans with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. This symposium will bring together medical, mental health, and legal experts from around the country to discuss the rising incidence of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) among active military personnel and veterans. The Nova Law Review has also dedicated a forthcoming edition to the symposium. Attendees, including , judges, lawyers, educators, psychologists, doctors, professors, and law students, will hear from our expert panels focusing on issues surrounding PTSD among military personnel and veterans.
The topics to be addressed at the symposium include:
- A description of PTSD, its traits and its prevalence in military
- Manifestations of PTSD, its treatment, and barriers to treatment
- The societal impact of PTSD
- Legal responses to the prevalence of PTSD in the military
- Remedies for PTSD beyond the legal system to help address PTSD in the military
There will be opportunities for feedback and brainstorming during the symposium.