Students who enroll in the Children & Families Clinic, the Criminal Justice Clinic, the Environmental and Land Use Law Clinic or the Veterans Law Clinic, may become authorized as Certified Legal Interns (CLIs). Please carefully note the Florida Board of Bar Examiners (FBBE) rule regarding the Certified Legal Internship (CLI) program if you are planning to participate in a clinical semester during your final year of law school. Please file your bar application early, preferably your first year of law school, as you must receive an initial clearance letter from the FBBE to be eligible for the CLI program. See additional Information located on the FBBE FAQ page at www.floridabarexam.org.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Substantive Prerequisites: Professional Responsibility
- ALSV Prerequisites: One Course
- Substantive Prerequisites: Professional Responsibility; Evidence; and Bankruptcy Law
- ALSV Prerequisites:Bankruptcy Workshop (Recommended)
- Substantive Prerequisites: Business Entities and Professional Responsibility
- ALSV Prerequisites: One Transactional Drafting Workshop or Civil Pre-Trial Practice
Transactional Drafting Workshops
Advanced Professional Responsibility Workshop, Bankruptcy Workshop, Business Planning Workshop, Charitable Organizations Workshop, Civil Pre-Trial Practice, Corporate Workshop, Employee Benefits Law Workshop, Estate Planning Workshop, Florida Land Development Workshop, Health Law Workshop, Judicial Opinion Writing Workshop, Landlord Tenant Workshop, Law Office Management Workshop, Legal Drafting Workshop, Probate Law Workshop, Real Property Closing Workshop, Real Property Complex Transactions Workshop, or Wills Drafting Workshop
Comments: A student's eligibility for any particular placement may depend upon adequate prior course work.
- Substantive Prerequisites: Family Law; Evidence; and Professional Responsibility
- ALSV Prerequisites: One Litigation Track course
- Substantive Prerequisites:Criminal Law; Criminal Procedure; Evidence; and Professional Responsibility
- ALSV Prerequisites:Trial Advocacy
Environmental & Land Use
- Substantive Prerequisites: Evidence; Professional Responsibility; and any one of: Eminent Domain; Environmental Law; Environmental Law & Business; Florida Land Development Workshop; Land Use Planning; Local Government; Natural Resources Law; Ocean & Coastal Law; Wetlands Regulation Law
- ALSV Prerequisites: One course
- Substantive Prerequisites: Professional Responsibility and any one of: International Law; International Business Transactions; International Human Rights; International Regulation of Trade; International Litigation; Comparative Law; Immigration Law; or Introduction to European Union Law, or any course, seminar, workshop or academic program (including a mock litigation program) related to international and/or comparative law approved by the Clinic Director.
- ALSV Prerequisites: One course
Personal Injury Litigation
- Substantive Prerequisites: Torts; Evidence; and Professional Responsibility
- ALSV Prerequisites: Civil Pre-Trial Practice and Trial Advocacy
- Substantive Prerequisites: All first year classes including Criminal Law and Professional Responsibility
- ALSV Prerequisites: None
NSU Law Center's Clinical Programs Office cannot provide direct legal advice or services to members of the general public. For assistance in obtaining an attorney, please contact the Broward County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service at 954-764-8040, the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service at 1-800-342-8011 or your local Legal Aid Office.